Sac’s PizzaPosted on Dec 16 in Dine In, Pizzaby ShanMasalaPrint
Recently, one of our readers messaged us saying we should have had more pizza places covered by now and all of us here at Hungry Muslim couldn’t agree more. That’s all we agreed on, however we debated for a few days on what the best pizza spot in New York is. Fortunately, we have many different opinions of what a good pizza is and we have a good list of places to visit. I recently went to what some consider the best all around pizza shop in New York called “Sac’s Place”, so it only made sense that I review it first.
Sac’s is a beautiful little place off the Broadway stop in Queens. With windows all around its amazing wood grained tables and waiters of the finest degree, it boasts “world-renowned” pizza and promised incredible pasta and various Italian dishes. The food at this place is great but the pizza is what makes it amazing.
When we got in and grabbed our seats, the waiter greeted us promptly and offered the menu. We ordered a couple of pizzas (traditional grandma & white) pies as well as an appetizer (cheese ravioli & fired dried tomatoes) and a simple garlic & broccoli pasta dish. The food came out rather quickly and the service was great. The ravioli was delicious, the cheese wasn’t overpowering and the flavors were well balanced. The pasta could have been better, but the garlic sauce did makeup for it. Lastly, (the reason we came here) the pizzas came out and they were as amazing as can be. The coal oven really makes a difference because it brings out a burned- smokey flavor to the dough, which some people might not like. The cheeses and sauce blended so well that between three guys we finished 2 large pies. So after gaining 7 pounds in one sittings, I can honestly recommend this place for you. Lastly, I want to reiterate that not everyone will like this type of pizza.
- White Pizza
- Grandma Slices if you’re not too hungry
- Garlic based pasta dishes
- Seating on the right hand side is so much better!
- Food: 4.5 – Delicious white pizza, traditional coal style pizza, complimentary delicious bread are all the best the city has to offer!
- Value: 3.5 – Reasonable pricing for the food. Not too good, not too bad! Looking at $10+ for pasta dish.
- Service: 4.0 – Very good waiters; fast & prompt
- Lota-Pani: 4.5 - One of the cleanest tables & bathrooms seen yet!
- Decor: 3.5 – Modestly decorated; Decent layout & setup
- Not Halal
- Understand what your ordering!
2541 Broadway Astoria, NY 11106
Phone: (718) 204-5002