Choopan Kabab HousePosted on Feb 26 in Dine In, Take Outby ShanMasalaPrint
This is for the Flushing location & not the Long Island location, we will review that at a later date, iA.
If there is ever a chance for us to ever sit down and eat some good grub, we are always for it. The other day we trekked out to Flushing and checked out an Afghan restaurant called Choopan Kabab House. This place is a favorite for a lot of people in the neighborhood and we decided to give it a try.
When we first got there, we were greeted by a wonderful lady who was very nice and helpful. We ordered the usual kebab and rice dishes and waited. We got bread and salad it was great. The food came out pretty fast and was pipping hot. The afghan food is probably one of the most delicious ones we have had. If your with a group, try to get a the combo platter so you can taste a bit of everything and really experience it all. The kebabs have a freshness to them and the rice is better than at Bakhtar Kabab. Price wise your also looking around $10 depending on what your ordering. There really aren’t any real complaints about this place except that it isn’t the best place to sit & eat, so you may wanna take it to go!
Overall, if your in the neighborhood picking up groceries or just talking a walk at the park, this is a wonderful little place to check out.
- Combo platter (get a little bit of everything)
- Kufta kebab & don’t forget the white sauce
- Green Tea
- Food: 4.5 – One of the better & clean afghan food out there.
- Value: 4.0 – Not over priced, looking at under $10 for most platters
- Service: 4.5 – Great & helpful waitresses (please tip them well)
- Lota-Pani: 4.5 - Clean bathrooms
- Decor: 2.0 – Could be done better; place is a bit cozy
- Fully Halal
4327 Main Street Flushing, NY 11355-4743
Phone: (718) 539-3180